Free shipping on all orders over £150
19:56, 21 May
Terms and Conditions
Who we are
- The Gentleman’s Journal Ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 08085218 (“we”, “us”, “our”).
- Our registered address is at Castle House, Castle Street, Guildford, Surrey, England, GU1 3UW.
- Our registered VAT number is 175700605.
- This website (https://shop.thegentlemansjournal.com) is owned and operated by us.
Application of these Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions of sale apply to all orders you place and any purchases you make on this website.
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them before placing your order.
- You will be required to confirm during the ordering process that you have read these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.
- We may change these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will take effect on the date they are posted onto the site (see date above).
- By placing an order, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and we reserve the right not to deliver if we are unsure of this.
- Please note that we operate an age verification policy and you may be asked to provide ID at delivery.
- The images of the products on our website are illustrative only. Although we have made every effort to display the products accurately, your products may vary slightly from those images.
- All product measurements are approximate only and the packaging of the products may vary from that shown in images on our website.
- You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided on or with the products before using them and not rely solely on the information on our website.
How to order
- You can order our products online via this website in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- You can access your shopping basket, review it and make changes to it at any time up until the point at which you place your order. Please take the time to check your order before submitting it. If you submit an order in error, you will have the opportunity to cancel it (see below).
- If you place your order on a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday, the order will be processed and confirmed, usually, on the following business day in the UK.
- Your order will only be accepted by us once we process your payment, at which time we will email you confirming your order. It is at this point that the contract between you and us for the sale and purchase of the products ordered by you will be formed and become binding. The contract that is formed shall be in English and will include these terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right not to accept any order.
- All products are offered subject to availability. We cannot guarantee the availability of products.
- We cannot guarantee the availability or otherwise of any product.
- If a product is unavailable after an order is placed, and you have not opted for substitutions at the point of ordering, then we will contact you to either arrange a replacement or agree a refund or alternative arrangement.
- Your order will be delivered to the delivery address notified by you at the time of placing your order. We are not liable whatsoever for any products delivered to an address which has not been correctly provided by you. You may receive communications from our courier during the delivery process.
- Please note delivery to a neighbour or nominated safe place location may not be available for age restricted items. Upon home delivery or collection from a drop off point, the recipient must provide proof they are the stated person on the delivery documentation. Attempted delivery can occur up to 3 times, after which the products will be returned to us where we then ask you to contact us. The following photo identification is accepted: a passport and/or a UK or European Union photocard driving licence.
- If, after a failed delivery, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect the products from the location notified to you, we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and we will refund you the money you have already paid for the order, and we are entitled to deduct from the refund a reasonable sum to cover our costs incurred as a result.
- We are responsible for the products until the point they are delivered to you. You are responsible for the products on delivery.
- We offer standard delivery and nominated day delivery services, any charges for which will be displayed during the order process. For nominated day delivery, if our courier is unable to deliver to the address you have provided to us in your order they will either leave your delivery in a safe place or leave instructions for you to re-book delivery.
- We do not deliver to the Channel Islands or destinations outside the UK. We are unable to ship to PO Box addresses.
- All prices are as shown on our website and are inclusive of UK VAT. Our prices exclude delivery charges, and you will be informed at check out about the delivery options and charges for your order.
- Promotional offers and prices are as stated, with no further discounts available unless we indicate otherwise.
- Although we try to ensure that allpricing, case and unit size informationon this website is accurate, occasionally an error may occur and products may be mis-priced. If we discovera pricing, case or unit errorwe will, at our discretion, either contact you and ask you whether you wish to cancel your order or continue with the order at the correct price or cancel your order and notify you. We are not obliged to supply products at theincorrect price, case or unit size.
- We reserve the right to adjust prices, offers, products and their specifications products at our discretion at any time before (but not after) we accept your order. We reserve the right to change prices at any time.
- We accept payment by American Express, Mastercard and Visa. Payment is deducted when we despatch your order to you.
Returns and cancellations
- We will provide a full refund or replacement for any products that are faulty.
- We may require faulty products to be returned to us. We will arrange this as necessary at your convenience and at our cost.
- In addition, you may cancel your order at any time until 14 working days after delivery. Should you decide to cancel, the products should be returned to us as new and in a saleable condition by post or courier.
- You can cancel your order during this period by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
- Your cancellation is effective from the date you notify us and you must return the cancelled products to us within 14 days of informing us that you wish to cancel.
- If you cancel your order in accordance with these terms and conditions, we will refund to you the full price of the products that you paid including delivery charges except:
- we are only obliged to refund delivery costs for the least expensive delivery method we offer. Therefore if you chose a more expensive form of delivery when ordering (e.g. nominated day delivery) we will not pay the difference between this method of delivery and our least expensive method of delivery; and
- we may reduce your refund (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any deduction in the value of the products if this has been caused by your use or handling of the products which would not be permitted in a shop. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the products while they are in your possession and are responsible for the risk of damage during transport.
- All refunds to you will be made by the payment method you used when paying for the order being refunded. If a gift voucher was used for purchase, a refund will take the form of a credit note.
- We will process the refund as soon as possible. All refunds will be made no later than 14 days after we have received the products from you.
- If you are returning your products by post, we recommend that products are sent by registered post with your local post office or by courier so that you can track the products and that you always retain evidence of posting or proof of shipment and the tracking number until the purchase price has been refunded.
- As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau. Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect these legal rights.
- In the event of complaint please contact the store concerned if it refers to a particular order. Alternatively, firstname.lastname@example.org as much detail as you can. We will endeavour to respond to all complaints within 48 working hours. You will be kept informed if there is any delay beyond this. Each complaint will be treated as confidential.
Our Responsibility for Loss or Damage
- We do not exclude or restrict our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our agents or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any breach of any terms implied by law or any matter that we are not permitted to limit or restrict by law.
- If we fail to comply with theseterms and conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking these terms and conditions or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any:
- loss or damage that is not foreseeable (loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process);
- loss or damage which is not caused by our breach of these terms and conditions; or
- business losses and/or losses to non-consumers, including, but not limited to, direct or indirect loss of or damage to profit, revenue, business contract, opportunities, anticipated savings, data, goodwill, reputation, indirect or consequential loss or damage or claim arising our of a claim against you by a third party.
- Our total aggregate liability however arising in respect of all claims (and series of related claims) arising in relation to your order, shall be limited to a sum equal to the price paid by you for the products or services under that order.
- The parties agree that each sub-clause constitutes separate terms. If there is any claim or finding that any such individual sub-clause or sub-paragraph is unenforceable for any reason, such unenforceability shall not affect any other provision.
- Each provision of this section operates separately. If any part is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or other competent body the other parts will continue to apply.
- These terms and conditions and all transactions relating to this website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England & Wales and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- We may include hyperlinks on this website to other websites or resources operated by parties other than us, including advertisers. We have not reviewed all of the sites linked and we are not responsible for the content or accuracy of any off-site pages nor are we responsible for the availability of such external websites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external websites or resources to the extent permitted by the applicable law.
- We do not accept amendments to these terms and conditions/any variations to these terms and conditions must be signed by an authorised signatory of us.
- You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions to another person without our prior written consent. We can transfer all or any part of these terms and conditions to another organisation but your rights under these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- If these terms and conditions are terminated by either of us for any reason, neither of us will lose any rights which have already accrued.
- If, at any time, we do not require you to comply with any part of these terms and conditions, this will not prevent us from doing so in the future.
- If any part of these terms and conditions is disallowed or held to be ineffective by any court or other competent body, the rest of the terms and conditions will not be affected.
- We shall have the right to suspend delivery and/or cancel or reduce the volume of the products or services to be supplied and shall not be liable in any way for loss, damage or expense arising directly or indirectly from this, or any other failure or delay in our performance of the order, to the extent that this has been caused by any circumstance beyond our reasonable control, including industrial disputes, epidemics, pandemics, civil emergencies or failure or delays by our suppliers.
- You acknowledge that you do not rely on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any representation, whether negligent or not, of any person which is not expressly set out in these terms and conditions, and you shall not have any claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement, representation, warranty or other term which is expressly set out in these terms and conditions.