In 1912, Claude Octavius Lyons set up Dreadnought Watches with a loan from his father-in law. He paid it back within the year, and spent the next 50 years becoming a leading light of the local community and the international watch trade. In 2016, Lyons’ great-grandson, Don Cochrane, re-incorporated the company and has been creating quality, timeless timepieces ever since.
WHY WE CHOSE THEM
“It’s rare to find a new player on the watch market that creates products of such quality. And, although Vertex is steeped in history and heritage, these new watches are incredibly special — there’s something very cool about owning a watch so rare and unique.”
– Harry Jarman, Editor-In-Chief.
- Brushed Steel asymmetric 40mm case, Double domed box crystal glass, waterproof to 10ATM
- Sellita SW510 MP manual wind mechanical movement, rhodium finish, spiral pattern, polished bevel, blue screws
- White dial, printed numerals with Super-LumiNova™ markers
- Case Back brushed steel and sapphire crystal
- Black dial with arabic numerals to maximise legibility, military broad arrow
- Delivered on a black leather strap with additional rubber and Nato straps